Olive oil is healthy and it tastes good.
Extra virgin olive oil is being increasingly recognised for its obvious health benefits as an alternative to butter, margarine and crop oils. It might be relatively new to Australia but for thousands of years it has been an integral part of the healthy Mediterranean diet.
Della Fay Extra Virgin Olive Oil is produced from over 2000 trees including the major varieties of WA Mission, correggiola, frantoia, leccino and kalamata that have been carefully grown and nurtured since 1999. Our fruit is hand harvested and within 24 hours of leaving the tree the olives are cold pressed and processed into oil. This ensures well balanced, premium quality oil free of any additives.
The varieties used provide for wonderful fruity characters and a soft peppery finish that makes for a great addition to a wide variety of cuisines.
Our extra virgin olive oil is now available in 4L containers that is an efficient, affordable and convenient way to stay stocked on your olive supplies, whether it is in cooking, salad dressings or to soak up with some bread and dukkah.
Research shows that people living in Mediterranean areas have a reduced risk of degenerative diseases such as cardiovascular disease (CVD) and certain types of cancer, as well as an increased life expectancy.
The main health benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil are:
• A natural source of vitamins A, E & K.
• EVOO helps reduce the bad LDL cholesterol while not affecting the good HDL cholesterol.
• Helps protect the arteries from plaque and reduces the risk of heart disease.
• Lowers glucose levels in and helps regulate blood sugar.
• Can benefit non-insulin diabetics because it is a mono-unsaturated fat, it is an excellent source of energy as it metabolizes easily.
• Stimulates and protects the gall bladder against the formation of gallstones and ulcers. EVOO helps to stimulate bile secretion.
• Helps to protect against and reduce the risk of some cancers including colon, breast & prostate.
• Aids in digestion.
• Helps to contribute to the development and function of the brain and nervous system.
• Helps prevent osteoporosis in the elderly and aids bone development in children.
A number of studies have also shown that olive oil may also help to reduce or manage blood pressure, obesity, rheumatoid arthritis and immune function.
When choosing an olive oil always remember that Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) will offer the greatest health benefits and have the freshest finest flavours for your recipes. Always store your oil in a dark cool place. Olive oil is best kept in dark glass or tin containers. The expiry date for the use of olive oil is generally 24 months from the pressing date. Always go by the use by or best before date.
If you are decanting oil from a bulk container never top up a half used bottle. Always wash and thoroughly dry your container before decanting, to ensure the quality and flavours of your oil.
Remember locally produced olive oil is better than imported because it is kept in storage for less time and with our strict controls you know you are getting a quality product.